Thursday, April 5, 2012

ETIENNE DELESSERT: BEING GREEN (Guest post on Vintage Kids' Books)

LAST MONTH I POSTED an interview with master children's illustrator Etienne Delessert regarding his work with Eugène Ionesco. One of the Delessert treasures that I've been longing to share is his picture book version of Being Green, Kermit the Frog's anthem about fitting in, written by Joe Raposo. There are no adequate words to describe this book. Every Muppets fan, children's book fan, and illustration fan should see it. Yesterday, I guest posted on Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves, sharing my experience of the book. I have also posted the entire book as a Flickr set. Cue up the song on YouTube and enjoy.

All images are copyrighted © and owned by their respective holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment